In order to provide you with personalized in-store experiences, Spaces and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Spaces”) needs you to provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself. We take the privacy of this Personal Information very seriously. We provide this policy so that you can understand how we collect Personal Information from you, what Personal Information we collect, and how we use the Personal Information you provide.
1. What Personal Information do we collect and how is it collected?
(a) Personal Information provided by you. We collect Personal Information by asking you questions about yourself. The Spaces profile will request Personal Information such as your age, gender, size, and brand preferences. You may also provide us with Personal Information through any website mobile application provided to you by Spaces, using the Spaces API, or controlled by a Spaces retail partner. Spaces retail partners are third parties that set up their store with Spaces Services.
(b) Personal Information automatically collected. While you use the Spaces Service, we automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. For example, we may receive: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the date and time you access our Service, which sections and items you view and/or purchase, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the Service. We do not store the IP address of the computer you are using. We use this information to measure the usage of our Services, and to understand how to serve you better. The most common sources of this Personal Information include:
- Service Analytics
- Pixel tags or clear Graphics Interchange Format files, known as GIFs
- Occasionally; retail partners, business partners, contractors, shared databases, and other third parties
We provide a summary description of each of these circumstances below:
Cookies: Cookies are small files that are sent to your computer's hard drive to tell us who you are when you are using our Service. Cookies help us to:
(1) Associate you with your Spaces Profile and enable you to update and modify your Spaces Profile;
(2) Speed navigation and provide you with personalized recommendations;
(3) Remember Personal Information you gave so you don't have to re-enter it;
(4) Determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications; and
(5) Count the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed. Browsers are typically set to create cookies automatically. You can choose to have your browser notify you when cookies are being written to your computer or accessed, or you can disable cookies entirely. If you disable cookies, however, you will not be able to create a Spaces Profile, and therefore you will not be able to receive the benefit of the Spaces Service. Also, by not using cookies, features within our Spaces Retail Partners may not function properly.
Service Analytics: From time to time, we may work with one or more third party service providers to help us better understand how you use our Service. The service provider may place cookies on your computer to collect Personal Information. The Personal Information that is collected will tell us things like how you navigated around our Service, and how quickly we helped you to enter registration Personal Information. This Personal Information will help us to better serve you and provide you with more personalized offerings. Any third party service provider will be restricted from using your Personal Information for any other purpose, except on an aggregate, anonymous basis. With your privacy in mind, we will work toward engaging third party service providers who enable you to opt-out of their Personal Information collection processes.
Pixel tags or clear GIFs: To help us understand the effectiveness of select communications and marketing efforts, we may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to know if your e-mail program is able to accept HTML e-mails and, if it is, to: (1) send you e-mails in that format; and (2) determine if you have opened our e-mail messages.
Outside sources: We may periodically collect Personal Information about you from retail partners, business partners, contractors, and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize those third parties to provide us with Personal Information. For example, retail partners may provide us with Personal Information about items you have purchased from them in the past so that we can provide better fit recommendations for you.
2. Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information to provide you with the Spaces Services and to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. Your Personal Information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you.
3. How do we use Personal Information?
Spaces uses your Personal Information to provide you with the Spaces Service, to provide you with a superior customer experience, and to administer our business.
We use your Personal Information to:
- Create a Spaces Profile you can log into from any device;
- Provide you with special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you;
- Answer questions you ask of us regarding the service or recommendations;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues;
- Validate you are of legal age to use our services;
- Test and improve our systems and services; and
- Manage our business.
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services or as long as we are required by law. After this, your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement such as book keeping rules, or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
Non-personal data is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal data with personal data.
4. With whom do we share Personal Information?
Protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information is a priority at Spaces.
In addition, Spaces may share any of your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- Law Enforcement Officials and as Required by Law. Spaces may release any or all of your Personal Information to third parties when we determine, in our reasonable judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of Spaces, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
5. How do we secure your Personal Information; Transfers of Personal Information?
We take appropriate security measures, including physical, technological, and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as edge-protection devices and encryption in the transmission of certain sensitive Personal Information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information and Spaces Profile, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We operate globally and may transfer your Personal Information and Spaces Profile to individual companies and customers of Spaces as part of the services offered by Spaces to its customer base.
6. How do we respect your choices about your Personal Information?
When you interact with our Service in certain ways, you may be eligible to receive certain marketing-related and promotional communications as well as special offers (collectively "Promotional Communications") from Spaces or third parties with whom Spaces has a business relationship and those communications may include advertisements. The most common of these circumstances may include:
- Creating a Spaces Profile
- Signing up to receive newsletters or email notices
- Entering a sweepstakes or a contest
If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive Promotional Communications from Spaces, you will be able to follow instructions provided with the Promotional Communication or within our Service in connection with Promotional Communications. Even if you opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to the Spaces Profile update Personal Information, and/or other security or business-related communications. Although the primary purpose of these emails is not to provide you with promotional material, they may contain within them some promotional material.
Spaces provides you with the ability to access, correct, change or delete the Personal Information in your Spaces Profile at any time. Please be advised that Spaces may periodically archive Personal Information it has collected and there may be times that such archived information cannot be permanently removed from our systems.
7. Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
8. Additional Terms
Children's and Minor's Privacy: The Spaces Service is not designed to attract minors, in particular children under the age of 16. Spaces does not market to or knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any Personal Information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) to anyone over the Internet.
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the Personal Information we have shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the header of your message. Please note that only information regarding the sharing of Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses is covered by this requirement.