About the Role:
Spaces is a consumer driven company, and we’re passionate about user experience and design that empowers our users.
The Product Designer will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, and working with customers to perform usability testing.
- Contribute to the company and product style guide
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple for both our retail product and our consumer product
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership teams
- Partner with product directors, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception and onwards
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Spaces web properties and initiatives
- Help grow the Product Design/UX Team at Spaces
- Have 2 or more years working as a designer in a tech/product company or agency operating in an agile software development process
You possess excellent communication skills
- Strong visual design skills and an eye for detail
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software and iterating over time
- Experience designing in Sketch and Invision
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (Desktop, Tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience developing or working within a design system
- Experience working on a product that is used in a physical space, and requires beacons, NFC technology, etc.
- Experience utilizing CSS (LESS/SASS) and for building responsive applications